[ka-Map-users] Error with the php module in Mapserver when using Spanish characters

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 16 13:44:42 EST 2007

Javier,

This doesn't seem to be a MapServer-specific problem.

I did a quick Google for the error message that you got in the Apache
error_log and it seems that this has happened to others when they tried
to pass accented characters in a URL without URL-encoding them like you
did. The solution seems to be to properly url-encode the values as you did.

Daniel

Javier Pascual Herranz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an error with the php module in Mapserver when using Spanish
> characters.
>
> I’m gone try to tell you with detail which is our situation and which is our
> problem
>
> If I do the following consultation in Internet Explorer:
>
> http://localhost/radgis/tools/search/ConsultaGeneral.php?tipoVia=Todas&lette
> rs=cañ
>
> I receive the following error:
>
> Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your request.
> Please contact the server administrator, admin at local.domain and inform them
> of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may
> have caused the error.
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
>

> If I do the same consultation from FireFox the consultation transforms into:
> http://localhost/radgis/tools/search/ConsultaGeneral.php?tipoVia=Todas&lette
> rs=ca%F1
> And returns a correct result.
>

> The file of log of Apache shows the following information when I do the
> consultation with Internet Explorer.
>
> (70008)Partial results are valid but processing is incomplete: utf8 to
> ucs2 conversion failed on this string:
> REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING=tipoVia=Todas&letters=ca\xf1
> [Fri Nov 16 09:51:47 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (70008)Partial
> results are valid but processing is incomplete: couldn't create child
> process: 70008: php-cgi.exe
> [Fri Nov 16 09:51:47 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (70008)Partial
> results are valid but processing is incomplete: couldn't spawn child
> process: C:/ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe
>

> Do you know any solution to use special Spanish characters with PHP request?
>
> Thank you for your time
> Cheers
> Javier

Daniel Morissette