[ka-Map-users] Precache issue

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Nov 28 08:21:30 EST 2007

Fabian Rami wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I use kamap for fleet tracking system.
> Generating all the tile don't seems to be the perfect way...
>
> I want to use Kamap to generate tile around position incomming from
> vehicles.
>
> Is there a way to ask kamap for generating tile around lat/long
> autoaticaly ?

precache if you read the code is just two loops the iterates over you
extents two generate all the tiles. If you have a series of lat/lon
values you should be able to hack a version of precache to convert the
lat/lon into tile requests around your lat/lon and then iterate over you
incoming lat/lon's.

I did something similar that took a lat/lon and generated the tiles in
an bounding box about the lat/lon a couple of years ago, but I don't
seem to have the code handy at the moment.

-Steve W