[ka-Map-users] Re: mapserver query system in kamap

Alessio Di Lorenzo alessio.dilorenzo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:56:45 EDT 2007

My friends,
I think I understood the problem in querying.
The cgi needs that the qlayer=layer name parameter is specified in the
query!
So, the following query works fine:

http://www.gisst.eu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/apache2/webdomains/gisst/home/mapfiles/majella.map&mode=query&mapxy=418570.6073052054+4668411.6457243785&qlayer=Centri%20visita

Now, how can I tell to ka-map to specify the queryable layer by modifing
this part of startUp.js code?

window.open("/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/apache2/webdomains/gisst/home/mapfiles/majella.map&mode=query&mapxy="
+ coords[0] + "+" + coords[1]);

Consider that I already specified that the layer must be queryable by
adding "queryable" "true" in the layer METADATA object.
The problem is that I cant "lock" the query function in startUp.js by
writing the layer name manually because in my applicatione there is more
than one queryable layer.
The layer name value have to be dynamic: ka-map have to pass it to the
cgi choosing the layer depending to the mouse click on the map.
(...sorry for english!)

I hope you can help me!

Alessio