[ka-Map-users] Re: ka-map for Linux

Samuel Hiatt samhiatt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 18:13:32 EDT 2007

Hi!

No problem... happy to help.

You might want to consider taking a look at OpenLayers.  It is a pure
javascript api for putting a nice google-like map on your page.  It
references the data you have in your Mapserver (or GeoServer).  You'd want
to configure TileCache with your server to enable a tiling system similar to
that of ka-map.

Take a look at those projects and let me know what you think, which would be
best for your application.  Tell me a bit about what/where your data is and
how you want to present it and what you like about each one.

Have a good weekend!

Sam