[ka-Map-users] Can someone help please? Aiutoooo!

The Bun rosario.carbone at ipl.com
Wed Oct 10 07:35:48 EDT 2007

Gabriele B wrote:

> Hi Rosario
>
> About my problem....
> No my problem is a bit different: using IE6 and sending the ajax call for
> init.php with GET method, the server do not evaluate config.php. I
> resolved using POST method adding the fourth param in the call() function
> editing Kamap.js file...
>
> About your problem....
> Probably with "different name in ka-map" Johan means to load another
> mapfile with another name in the kamap that will appear in the "selectmap"
> combo box...
> It could be easily done modifying config.php adding a new item in the
> $aszMapFiles(not sure that name is right) array....
>
> If you need to modify often the mapfile, you can edit tile.php changing
> the value of expire attribute in the header.
> In this case you have to erase temp internet files only if you edit
> javascript code....
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Cià paisà.... :)

Ciao Gabriele,

I am not sure I understood your problem but glad you solved. I solved mine
with your and Johan help. I definitely need to modify the mapfile quite
frequently, I also need to add layers in memory ( which will be my next test
), I mean virtual layers all in memory as they will be the result of queries
on the fly, but I still don't know if possible. Anyway the problem was
solved by assigning a new name to $aszMapFile and $szMap in config.php.

I have been suggested to do in this way in tile.php:

header ("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");    // Data già passata
header ("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); // come se
fosse sempre modificato
header ("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate");  // HTTP/1.1
header ("Pragma: no-cache");

but it seems never cache in the client which is not good as may compromise a
bit the performances, do you agree? When you say I may change the value of
expire attribute in the header so what date you suggest?

Ciao amico:handshake: