[ka-Map-users] Dynamic points on the map, can you help please?

Daniel.Huber at ch2m.com Daniel.Huber at ch2m.com
Wed Oct 17 22:57:00 EDT 2007

Rosario,

I've not had a need to interact with the data on the map so I don't know
the "best" method for querying the dynamic points in ka-Map.  Hopefully
others will chime in for that need.

While I'm sure there are simpler methods for creating dynamic data
layers, this is what I ended up doing.

1.  Generate a new mapfile using the a unique name.
	Info on unique names found here:
http://us3.php.net/manual/fi/function.rand.php#74351

2.  Set the path to that mapfile to a PHP session variable

	$_SESSION['mapFile'] = 'path.name.of.mapFile';

3.  Modify the "config.php" to always point to the new mapfile if it is
set.

	if ($_SESSION['mapFile']) {
		$aszMapFiles['dynamic']['path'] = $_SESSION['mapFile'];
	}

To ensure my dynamic layers were not cached, I set the following
METADATA tag for the layers in the mapfile:  "tile_source" "nocache"

Hopefully this is enough to get you going, although I'm sure I left off
some key points as I haven't messed with this code in 3 months.

Good luck!

Daniel