[ka-Map-users] Possible map project

nimzie nimzie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:37:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm at the beginning stages of doing a project having to do with mapping. In
my google searches, I stumbled upon the ka-map tools.

So, before I get too excited, I wanted to send a question to the community
about my project and see if I should be using/proposing this tool.

Initially, I want to limit my mapping data to one province in Canada. I'd
like to keep my users locked on to the province.

Then, we have 10 layers of data I want the users to be able to turn on and
off.

These layers are defined by me, the designer but possibly come from GIS
mapping systems. These layers will contain data for the whole region in the
layer. It's not the sort of thing that users will be able to add to.

By clicking on any point in the map, I need to query all the active layers
and ask the database for all the data for all layers at the point my mouse
clicks.

If the user has a land in an area, I want them to be able to click on an
area and somehow designate that this is where their land is.

I realize these area reasonably vague requirements, however I am simply at
the point where I am trying to figure out which technologies are worth
investing learning time with.

Thank you for your time.

Adam

This is my first time working with a geographical/mappnig system, however I
have a pretty good depth of programming under my belt.