[ka-Map-users] ka-map for Linux

Bailey Bailey at texassabal.com
Fri Sep 21 13:54:17 EDT 2007

Is there a Ka-map 1.0 for linux?

How do I move my FGS based ka-map app to my webhost (get it online)?

I've successfully tested a couple ka-map projects with ms4w, but my web host
is linux based.  I recently installed linux for the first time (Fedora Core
6) with some difficulty.  Then installed FGS.  Everything is working.  Now I
need to install Ka-map.  I thought that ka-map was universal for both MS4W
and FGS, until I saw in the wiki "Preparing ka-map" that the source package
for ka-map also comes as a module for linux installer (latest version seems
to be ka-map 0.2).  I am new to all this, so I don't really know what
installing as a "module" means.  My ultimate goal is to get my ka-map
application online, so eventually I need to move mapserver and ka-map to my
webserver.  I found instructions on "Installing MS4W Binaries in Other
Environments" and succeeded in installing my windows mapserver into xampp
for testing my applications, but I have not found any instructions for
installing FGS mapserver binaries in other enviroments, ie. my web host.

Thanks for any help

Bailey