[ka-Map-users] IE6 & Transparency with layers

Jason Fournier jfournier at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 29 11:00:34 EDT 2008

Hi Manu,

If I recall correctly ka-Map comes with a css class called png24 (ie, the
pngfix you refer to) – put this on your image, specify a width and a height
(required), and it should work for you.  If there is no png24 class then add
the following to your css:

img.png24 {

  filter:expression(msApplyPNGFilter(this));

}

And the following to your javascript:

function msApplyPNGFilter(o) {

    var t="./images/transparent.gif";

    if( o.src != t ){

        var s=o.src; o.src = t; o.runtimeStyle.filter =
"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='"+s+"',sizingMethod
='scale')";

}}

You will need a single pixel transparent.gif in your images folder for the
above to work verbatim.

Hth

Jason