[ka-Map-users] Issue regarding display format of Shapefiles

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 18:05:21 EST 2008

Kunal Krishna ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> This is Kunal.  I am a master' student at georgia tech. We are developing a electricity market project using Kamap for the United States.
>
> I have downloaded the shapefile of USA and was trying to integrate it with Kamap.
>
> Link -
> http://nationalatlas.gov/atlasftp.html?openChapters=chpbound#chpbound
>
> I am able to see data being downloaded in the browser but cannot see the map. I feel its a issue with the output format. How do i know what is the output format supported by this shapefile ?

Hi Kunal,

there's not "a format supported by shapefile". When mapserver read the
mapfile, it generates an image according to the imagetype setting (png
in your situation).

First thing to run is:

shp2img -m yourmapfile -o test.png

This will generate an image reading your mapfile.
If this one is fine, the problem is in your ka-Map! configuration.

Let me know if need more help

Luca