[ka-Map-users] Raster image - base map is not displayed

നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ jaisuvyas at gmail.com
Mon May 26 04:52:33 EDT 2008

   I have a problem. I was trying to set up ka-map with my own data. The
problem is that the raster background pic I selected as base map, is not
being displayed. no probs for vector layer. Any problem with the settings in
my map file? the portions given below:-
--------------------------
MAP
 NAME cgp
 STATUS ON
 SIZE 600 300
 EXTENT 75.673957 11.543698 75.732038 11.601310
 UNITS DD
 IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
 IMAGETYPE png
-----------
-----------
LAYER
   NAME elevation
   TYPE RASTER
   STATUS ON
   DATA "cgpdata/cgpelevation.tif"
 END
--------------------------------

And the cgpelevation.tif Image I tried to use have a size 660x655 pixels,
with a resolution 72x72 pixels and a size of 1.2 MB.

I also tried with an image 2048x1024 pixels with a resolution 72x72 pixels
and a size of 252.9 KB (compressed)

No hope in both cases.

When I issued http://localhost/ka-map/tile.php, only a white square is seen
as url icon in adress bar, may be a piece of my map, not sure. I can't
understand where I did a mistake. What shall I do to get a correct display
for raster? Any problem with EXTENT or SIZE?

--