[ka-Map-users] precaching only at some scales?

Sacha Black sacha.black at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:32:51 EDT 2008

hi Jaun,

I think you want to run precache as normal, but with an edited
config.php where you first delete the scales below 100,000. This will
create all the tiles for the upper scales.

then re-edit config.php to insert back all your desired lower scales,
and use tile.php as default. Tile.php should check if a tile exists
before creating it, so for the upper level scales, it will always use
the precache cache, and for the lower scales it will add new tiles to
the cache on the fly as needed.

sacha