[ka-Map-users] precaching only at some scales?

juanbatman elsueniero at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:54:52 EDT 2008

Hello List,

I have my map with scales defined in config.php ranging from 1:25,000,000 to
1:25,000

The thing is that the map is so big that according to my calcs building the
precache for the 1:50,000 and 1:25,000 scales will take a couple of days to
finish!

Those scales will be rarely used, so I figured out that maybe I could pre
calculate the cache for all scales up to 1:100,000 and then let tile.php do
the drawing for smallers scales, but I could´t figure out how.

What I tried so far was:

1st attempt: In all layers use the cache mode
        METADATA
            "tile_source" "cache"
        END

Of course it didn´t worked because when going to smallers scales cache was
empty and the browser kept repeating the request.

2nd attempt:
        METADATA
            "tile_source" "auto"
            "redraw_interval" "100000"
            "refresh_interval" "200000"
        END

and I precalculated the cache for all scales but 1:50,000 and 1:25,000

It didn´t work either. The application was redrawing all the scales, even
for those that precalculated cache was available.

Is there any know solution for this??

Thanks a lot
Juan