[ka-Map-users] branching off the ka-map tile code?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 4 18:04:16 EDT 2008

That would be the idea - my suggestion is that the caching code that
works with existing caches be moved to a separate project that doesn't
include the rest of the ka-Map client side code.  Then it can be
maintained and updated in sync with OpenLayers (as its primary target
to serve tiles into) and any existing users of ka-Map client side can
do as they wish with the current ka-Map (I only see a use for the
tiling/server side stuff personally).

Also, this would make it easier for others (such as Pedro who has done
the patches for OpenLayers versions of the code) to be involved and
take more ownership of the code base.  I don't particularly want to be
a leader of this project as I am no longer a big user of it, but I am
interested in staying involved in it for historical and personal
reasons.

On 4-Sep-08, at 5:48 PM, Sacha Black wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Paul Spencer
> <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
>>
>> I know that the OpenLayers folks are not particularly happy keeping
>> copies
>> of the various kaMap php code around and would like it out of their
>> repository.
>>

> Paul
>
> I don't really know what that means, except to say that as a user of
> both projects, it would be nice if we can still continue to use an old
> cache created by Ka-Map in OpenLayers.
>
> Sacha

    Paul Spencer
    Chief Technology Officer