[ka-Map-users] branching off the ka-map tile code?

Sacha Black sacha.black at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:01:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:

> That would be the idea - my suggestion is that the caching code that works
> with existing caches be moved to a separate project that doesn't include the
> rest of the ka-Map client side code.  Then it can be maintained and updated
> in sync with OpenLayers (as its primary target to serve tiles into) and any
> existing users of ka-Map client side can do as they wish with the current
> ka-Map (I only see a use for the tiling/server side stuff personally).

That sounds fine. One point about the client side - it does seem like
the kaExplorer demo gives beginners a great all in one package
(including reference maps, legend, querying, printing,etc). It would
be nice if that package could live on somewhere too... though I
understand if it is impractical for a legacy product that is no longer
maintained. Is there an OL equivalent to kaExplorer?

SB