[ka-Map-users] Bypassing the map chooser

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Apr 8 06:32:45 EST 2009

Bob,
some methods to have your map choosen at startup:

1) config.php
set the variable $szMap with the map name you want:
$szMap = 'gmap';

2) index.html
if you haven't altered that much startUp.js you can always use a call
like this to your page:
http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/ka-map/htdocs/?map=europe

3) in startUp.js
You can force this variable to let ka-map choose just the map you want:
   var szMap = 'myMapName';
instead of:
   var szMap = getQueryParam('map');

To eliminate the use of map selector you can do in a couple of way:

1) dirty
set "display:none" to the style of the select element.

2) clean
clean un startUp.js from the code of the select, look in myMapInitialized
probably there's something more to clean

ciao
lorenzo