[ka-Map-users] Improving ka-map speed with non-cached WMS?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Dec 16 16:30:07 EST 2009

I'm looking into doing this, and may well be asking for further advice.

Taking it from another angle- is it possible to bypass or disable
ka-map's tiling for the image layers?  I don't mean precached vs.
nocache, what I mean is, is it possible to draw the WMS data directly
and without breaking it into tiles when ka-map renders it?  I'm asking
because this seems to be what's slowing it down.  I can draw my WMS
services in MapServer CGI mode and they're plenty fast.  Likewise, using
the same WMS services in ArcGIS or other platforms, they draw more
quickly than with ka-map.