[ka-Map-users] legend tree, changes in pdf output

marco barra marco.barra at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:23:09 EST 2009

Hi Royce,

>>1. I have tried doing the legend tree but I can't seem to make a numerous
layers - just 2 layers then I can't get to have >>the top most layer to
collapse/minimize. Where or what should should I check to correct this?
Can you describe better the problem??

>>2. Is there a way to have "zoom limits" on the visibility of a layer? For
example Layer A can only be viewed if the >>map zoom is 1:20,000 or a larger
scale? When on zoom extents this layer can't be displayed.
You can use MINSCALE/MAXSCALE  (see http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html)

>>3. Also I found some ka-map applications (i forgot which one) wherein the
"Map Info" (particularly the key map) >>and "Legend" are shown together in
one view. How does one do this?
Take a look at startUp file, you'll find someting like:

var myKaLegend = new kaLegend( myKaMap, 'legend', false, legendOptions);
var myKaKeymap = new kaKeymap( myKaMap, 'keymap' );

as you can see 'legend' and 'keymap' are the HTML elements where the keymap
and legend will be displayed, so simply change the targhet div...

>>4. Finally, in line with Mr. Bob Bistrais' question on changing scalebar
style, is there a way to change the layout of >>the pdf output map? Can it
be changed also thru the screen.css?
Try to define the scalebar in the mapfile, I'm not shure, but during the
printing the parameters for the scale bar are taken from the mapfile.

try adding something like this

 SCALEBAR
  STATUS ON
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255