MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Question about Legends and Layers

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:43:10 -0400
Hi all,

I have a guestion regarding Layers and Legends.
History, I used maplab and gmap factory to create an application
starting point then, the resulting files were modified by hand to
integrate other features - mention this because it is possible that I
broke something.

I have two Roads layers where the only difference is that they render as
different scale factors with different characteristics. In my HTML
legend I always get 2 Roads lines showing one for each rendering style.
What I would like to get it only one line where the icon changes based
on the scale factor of the applied map since the two layer are mutually
exclusive.

To generalize this, I would like legend entries that can't be seen
because of the scale factor to not be rendered in the legend. Why should
we confused the user with a lot of extraneous legend entries that are
not rendered because they are out of scale.

I also tried to make the Roads layer into a group hoping that it would
only show the group name in the legend, but that didn't work either :(

I have a similar thing happening with ANNOTATION layers. It would be
nice if I could specify what items I WANT in the legend and/or what I
would like EXCLUDED from the legend.

Also, if I don't NAME the layer I get a bunch of [if ... ] that looks
like code in my legend.

Any suggestions or ideas?

-Steve