MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Question about Legends and Layers

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:05:08 -0400
Stephen,

I can't tell about the way GMapFactory apps deal with the legend
specifically (if there are any exceptions to be aware of?), but I think
you should be able to control layer visibility based on scale via the
legend template.

See the HTML legend docs for the full details:
 http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/html-legend-howto.html

Look at the opt_flag value in the [leg_layer_html] tag (or
leg_group_html?) and unset bit '1' in the value (e.g. if it's
opt_flag=15 then set opt_flag=14).. this will restore the default
behavior which is to hide layers that are currently out of scale.

About the [if ...] tags that remain there if your layer has no name,
that's the intended behavior of the HTML legend template so that if you
type a value that's never set in an [if...] (or do a typo) then it's not
just treated as being false by default.  Whether this is a good thing or
not is arguable, but we thought that doing things this way would make
things easier to debug.

I hope that helps,

Daniel