MapTools.org

[maplab-users] About using Rosa on MapLab using non-gif support MapScript.dll

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:00:24 -0400
Hisaji, there are two possible causes, the most likely being that a PNG
image is being generated. ROSA, being a Java applet, doesn't support PNG
in all except the most recent JDK or JRE. If you are not using GIF, then
you will need to use JPEG. You can do this by specifying JPEG in the
maplab preferences or as the IMAGETYPE in your mapfile. I would think
that using IMAGETYPE would be better because it would create the map
image in JPEG which would make ROSA happy, but you could then use PNG
for other images.

Cheers,

Paul Spencer
Applications and Software Development