MapTools.org

[maplab-users] RE: [mapserver-users] projection help please

woodbri@swoodbridge.com woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:11:54 -0400
On 24 Jul 2002 at 13:31, Ed McNierney wrote:

> Steve -
>
> I'm not sure about this, but have you tried adding a "datum=NAD83" to the latlong layers?  I always include a datum or ellpsoid in all my projection definitions - I'm not sure what would be the default since your output projection specifies a datum and the input latlong layers do not.

Good suggestion, but that didn't help. I zoomed way out and it looks
like the roads layers are rendering but doing so unprojected! Like
mapserver thinks that are already projected and they are being drawn
as if the lat/long is in projected feet. Here the mapserver output
string:

MapScript Version ($Revision: 1.104.2.1 $ $Date: 2002/06/03 14:19:53
$)
MapServer version 3.6.1-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

-Steve