MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab beginnings

Ryan Hunt ryanhunt@metertools.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:53:20 -0500
Thanks for your fast response.  I'll look at your examples closely.

I went through several gyrations to install MapLab and get it working,
but it was mostly because I had to set up Apache, PHP, MapServer, and
PHP MapScript first on my windows box.  (usually my coworker takes care
of that on our FreeBSD box).  The issue was complicated by the fact that
I had installed the newest php 4.2.1 and had to backtrack to 4.1.2 which
had some significant differences in it's extensions and dlls.  In
between I had tried to compile a few things in CygWin (which didn't work
very well at all for me)(I'm not very good at that.)
Then, when I did get it installed and working properly I couldn't tell
at first because I didn't know wnough about mapserver map files to get
it to work.

The good news is that I think I got it all working in one day despite
all the hassles.  And now I'm enjoying working with MapLab.  It's quite
a nice looking application.

Thanks

--
---