MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab install

TCHaddad TCHaddad@cshore.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:43:59 -0400
Hello,

We are working on installing MapLab, but didn't previously have php or mapscript installed. Apologies in advance for what is probably a very basic question from non-PHP types!

We've tried following all the docs carefully, but are still running into a problem whose origin we don't understand (is it from our PHP, Mapscript, or MapLab install?)

our setup is as follows:

Win 2k, IIS 5.0
MapServer 3.6
php 4.1.2

when we look at test.php, everything seems to look ok, and we see the following under the heading of Mapscript:

MapScript Version ($Revision: 1.104 $ $Date: 2002/04/24 20:37:32 $)
MapServer version 3.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

This didn't really look like an error, so we continued on to install MapLab.

We are now at the point where MapLab is installed (we can see the app and it looks good!) but when we look at the MapLab info.phtml file we see under the "MapScript Information" section:

Version : Mapscript Not Found - configuration Problem?

and under "Supported Image Types - Enabled?", none of the types are checked (GIF, PNG, JPEG, WBMP).

Further down the page, under "Required Modules (if enable_dl is off) - Loaded ?" there is a "No" next to Mapscript, and under "Supported Image Types (GD) - Enabled?" there is a "No" next to GIF.

It seems like either:

a) Mapscript is incorrectly installed (we didn't know how to test this) or

b) MapLab simply can't find Mapscript (we're not sure how to help MapLab find Mapscript)....

any advice at all as to what files to check for correct
configuration would be great.

many thanks,

Tanya