MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab install

Paul Spencer pgs@magma.ca
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:39:45 -0400
Tanya,

Thanks for taking the time to try out maplab.  Seems like you have two
questions, I'll answer the easy one first :)

1. X next to GIF in Supported Image Types (GD)

- GD is the library used by PHP (in this case) to draw images.  On
Windows, the GD library does not come with GIF support by default due to
licensing restrictions.  If you have purchased the right to use lzw
compressed GIFs then I believe you can recompile PHP with GIF support.
So, the answer to your implied question is that this is not an error.
This is simply an indication to you to set up MapLab and your Map files
to use another image type.  In this case, you probably should use PNG or
JPEG.  You can set MapLab to use PNG by opening the configuration page
and setting the image_type parameter to PNG.

2. MapScript not found.  PHP supports loading modules at run time.  On
Windows, these modules are usually in the extensions directory of the
php install and are named something like php_xxxx.dll.  You have the
php_mapscript_xx.dll file in the right place since it displayed the
correct information in the test.php page.  Because new versions come
out, we have allowed the name of the php_mapscript_xx.dll file to be
configurable through the configuration tool.  The most likely cause of
this problem is that you have the wrong name in the configuration tool.
Open the configuration editor from the maplab main page (next to the
info icon) and on the maplab tab, look for a parameter called
mapscript_module.  You need to set this to the name of the file in your
extensions directory, probably php_mapscript_36.dll.  If this is already
set correctly, pls let me know.  Also, try creating a php page with the
following:

<?
dl("php_mapscript_xx.dll"); //replace filename with the one in your
extensions directory
phpinfo();
?>

And load this in your browser.  You should see no errors at the top of
the page and near the bottom you should see a MapScript section with the
same output.  If that works and MapLab doesn't, send another msg and
we'll try to troubleshoot this more directly for you.

Hope this helps

Paul Spencer
Applications and Software Development
DM Solutions Group