MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Maplab tutorial: Error in MapBrowser

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:55:03 -0500
Antonio, mapserver uses the PROJ.4 library internally to handle
projections.  The core of PROJ.4 is compiled into the mapscript that is
used by MapLab.  However, PROJ.4 needs a configuration file called
'epsg' that is, on windows, stored in c:\proj.  The standard definitions
provided by proj only go to a certain numeric value (around 32000 or
so?), any values above that are custom projection specifications.  The
one in question, 42304, is such a projection.  This value was originally
created by CubeWerx and we have added it to our custom epsg file that we
distribute to make our applications compatible with CubeWerx.  You can
get a copy of the latest version of this file from:

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg-with-42xxx.zip

download this file and extract it to c:/proj so you end up with:

c:/proj/epsg

and then everything should work.

Cheers,

Paul