MapTools.org

[maplab-users] maplab/mapserver/PHP-mapscript function to search a object

Andreas Berweger BHA AG ab@bha-ing.ch
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:44:26 +0200
Hello together

For first excuse my english. i'm from switzerland and im speaking a bad
english but well german.
im working on a project for little communes and there internet-maping.

- i'm using maplab v2.0-rc3, mapserver 3.6.2 with OGR support and PHP 4.2.2
on windows
- my data commes from mapinfo Ver 6.0 and im using the tab files with OGR

first i have to say that maplab and mapserver are working very fine on my
system. maplab is easy to use and understand. The application i've made is
temporaly browsable at

http://193.246.110.38/mappub/GIS/BHA_apps/GIS_warth-weiningen/GIS_warth-wein
ingen.phtml

now my question:

I have to made a textbox at the bottom of the legend. The user could input a
parcell-number and klick on search. now (i hope it would be possible)
mapserver/maplab had to search for this parcell in the Layer
"Liegenschaften"(=parcells in german) and zoom on it. Thats all :)
"liegenschaften" is a polygon layer with the attributes parcell-number and
area from mapinfo/OGR. You see im not so familar with PHP and mapscript.

I hope you could help me an give me some hints. when i have forgotten
something or you need data to help me i could give you ...

Thanks a lot and good night