MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab's Tutorial

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:43:47 -0400
Alfredo, the somewhat cryptic error message is telling you that you
either have not installed proj or you have referred to a proj definition
that doesn't exist.  You should have a directory called "proj" on your
c:\ drive (this location is essentially hard-coded, I did hear that it
can be changed with an environment variable but I don't know how to do
that).  If you don't have this directory, then you will need to create
it.  Next, you should have a file called epsg in this directory.  If you
do, then you have a file that doesn't include the definition for 4203.
If you don't then you need one :)  You can get it at:

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg-with-42xxx.zip

The projection definitions for 42xxx are all at the bottom and have been
added by DM Solutions Group for projections we commonly use in Canada.

HTH

Paul
--
Paul Spencer