MapTools.org

[maplab-users] another maplab-2.0rc3 problem

woodbri@swoodbridge.com woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:46:10 -0400
After install and last email, I created a simple mapfile, saved it,
then went to preview and got:

Warning: MapServer Error in loadReferenceMap(): No image defined for
the reference map. in
/home/httpd/html/maplab-2.0rc3/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_session.php
on line 274

Fatal error: Failed to open map file
/home/httpd/html/web2/tmp//3d7687a5dbbce.map in
/home/httpd/html/maplab-2.0rc3/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_session.php
on line 274

ls -l /home/httpd/html/web2/tmp
-rw-r--r--    1 nobody   nobody        823 Sep  4 21:25
3d7687a5dbbce.map

is the problem the "//" in the path above? If so, you need to deal
with that in the code. Sometimes you require the trailing slash
sometimes not. The user should not have to worry about this, just
make the code robust.

I often do not want a legend and in fact set the reference object to
status off. I went back and deleted the reference object from the
mapfile and the preview worked. So I don't get why that is because I
didn't change anything else!!!! (ie: why did the 2nd error go away?)

-Steve