MapTools.org

[maplab-users] another maplab-2.0rc3 problem

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:01:06 -0400
woodbri@swoodbridge.com wrote:

> After install and last email, I created a simple mapfile, saved it,
> then went to preview and got:
>
> Warning: MapServer Error in loadReferenceMap(): No image defined for
> the reference map. in
> /home/httpd/html/maplab-2.0rc3/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_session.php
> on line 274
>
> Fatal error: Failed to open map file
> /home/httpd/html/web2/tmp//3d7687a5dbbce.map in
> /home/httpd/html/maplab-2.0rc3/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_session.php
> on line 274
>
> ls -l /home/httpd/html/web2/tmp
> -rw-r--r--    1 nobody   nobody        823 Sep  4 21:25
> 3d7687a5dbbce.map

This is really just a single error.  The first message is what was
reported by MapServer's mapfile parser (no image in the reference map
object in your mapfile).  The second message is produced by the same PHP
function (ms_newMapObj()) to say "I give up", before returning a NULL
map object.

The solution (from MapScript's point of view) is to make sure that there
is an image in the REFERENCE object in the mapfile.  However I dunno if
this is your mistake or a MapLab bug?

> is the problem the "//" in the path above? If so, you need to deal
> with that in the code. Sometimes you require the trailing slash
> sometimes not. The user should not have to worry about this, just
> make the code robust.

The double "//" shouldn't cause any problems on Unix systems (and on
Windows either actually).  I am quite sure that it is unrelated to the
errors that you get.

> I often do not want a legend and in fact set the reference object to
> status off. I went back and deleted the reference object from the
> mapfile and the preview worked. So I don't get why that is because I
> didn't change anything else!!!! (ie: why did the 2nd error go away?)

Oh, well I guess I should have read that part first... :)  ... as I
wrote above deleting the reference object, or setting an image for it
fixes the issue.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca