MapTools.org

[maplab-users] disappearing hostname while trying to create a new map.

Gardner Lloyd Bickford III gbickford@netacus.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:13:17 +0200
Hello everybody,
   I am new to mapserver and it's friends. I have recently installed
mapserver 3.6 on a Win2K Pro machine and maplab 2.0rc4. When I try to
create a new map, or browse the tutorial map my browser is redirected to a
url that does not include the hostname, in this case 'localhost'.

The steps I follow to recreate this behavior are:
Open maplab in a Internet Explorer 6 (http://localhost/maplab/)
Click the "MapEdit..." link
Click the "new map" icon at the top fifth from the left
Type in a new map name "cow.map"
I am then redirected to
http:///maplab/mapedit/action.phtml?sid=3e9647d103601&action=new_map&name=/gmap_1/htdocs/cow.map
and a "Cannot find server" error message is displayed in the browser.

I found a message in the archives that suggested this may be related to the
$PHP_SELF variable. I thought that perhaps turning "registered_globals =
On" may help the situation but the problem persisted. I wrote a simple php
script to verify that $PHP_SELF is indeed working: <? echo $PHP_SELF; ?>
The output of this script is "/self.php" on this machine. I am using PHP
Version 4.3.1 with OmniHTTP 2.10. The documentation available at
http://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php states that $PHP_SELF
should only return the URI and not the hostname as well.

My php.ini has the following relevant settings:
error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
register_globals = On
enable_dl = On
session.save_path = c:/temp
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

I have tried with these two options enabled and commented out:
extension=php_dbase.dll
extension=php_gd.dll

Does anyone know what may be causing this? I believe that I followed the
installation instructions to the T.

Thank you for taking the time to read,
   Gardner

Gardner Lloyd Bickford III
gbickford@netacus.com   - email
877.811.1279                    - toll free
+34 678 83 28 48                - mobile
http://www.netacus.com  - web