MapTools.org

[maplab-users] maplap file browser is broken ...still

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:38:39 -0700
Well it's been several months now and I was hoping that the problem
would "magically" cure itself.but no.

System:  RH linux 8.0. Php4.2.3 (works great). Mapserver 3.6 (works
great). Php-mapscript3.6 (works great).  Fresh re-install of the latest
maplab-2.0.1-release. Followed all the installation instructions from
DMSolutions (which are very old by the way).  All the correct knobs,
buttons, switches, and permissions are in the right position (as far as
I can tell).

Problem:  Open up Maplab/MapEdit.  Try to open my existing .map files
and the file browser opens into the /home/maplab/htdocs/common directory
and I can't navigate up/out of it to where my mapfile should exist.
(Note: file_browser_root = /home/maplab).  Try to create a new .map file
and nothing happens.  Try to open the new map file and it reports an
error ("file don't exist" (not my bad grammar--this is a direct quote
:),  or "not a mapfile").

Maplab, once upon a time, used to work just fine on this system.
Obviously, some recent changes (new libraries, patch updates, whatever)
has cause Maplab to malfunction.  Can anyone provide some clues here.I'm
at the end of my Maplab rope.

Matt
(RedHat8.0, Apache2.0, Mapserver 3.6.4, Php4.2.3)

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University