MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Problem with MapLab

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:35:03 -0400
Geoff, the error is specifically a permissions problem.  PHP runs as the
web server's user.  You need to give the web server's user permission to
read/write the config directory, all directories above it, and
read/write on the files themselves.  I'm not sure exactly how IIS works
but I believe that it runs as a service on windows and the service is
started as a specific user (IUSR_<computername> by default, I think).
You can find out the user in several ways, but probably the easiest is
to check the web service in the services control panel applet and it
will tell you what user the service is started as.   Then you can add
specific privileges for that user for the required paths.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Spencer