MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Another potential PHP 4.3.x - MS-3.7 issue

woodbri@swoodbridge.com woodbri@swoodbridge.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:17:23 -0500
Hi all,

Firstly, I'm posting this to both maplab and mapserver so apologies
for those that get both, but this might have impact for both .

I build a maplab application a while ago and it works fine. In fact I
was able to get the application to run with the following
configuration:

Mapserver 3.7
Apache 2.x
PHP 4.3.x (cgi)
gd-2.0.11 (patched)
gdal-1.1.8
freetype2
and other good stuff like WMS, WFS, ogr, etc

The PROBLEM is that after the image is rendered and returned to the
browser, the PHP/Mapscript process does not die or takes a really
long time (like 30 sec, 7+ mins) where the cpu is at 99%.

The /wrapper/drawmap.php script that maplab uses to render the image
is pretty straight forward PHP/Mapscript stuff, so I am wondering if
anyone else has run into this. I will try to test this same
configuration but with PHP-4.2.3 tomorrow, but I ran into some
build/config problems with it today.

-Steve W.