MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 17:24:29 -0500
> Andrew Bailey wrote:
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
> C:\maplab\maplab-2.0rc3\htdocs\mapedit\globprefs.php on line 81
> Hi there,
> I'm getting this error when running mapedit. Is there a way i can
> extend the execution time permitted? I've scanned through my php.ini
> but couldn't find it.

You can set the default timeout value for your PHP installation in your
php.ini, look for the following line:

  max_execution_time = 30

You can try increasing this value and see what happens.  There may also
be a timeout setting directly in the MapLab config but I'm not sure.
I'll let one of the MapLab developers comment on this.

BTW I find it odd that you would get a timeout in globprefs.php unless
you have a very slow machine, this may be the sign of another problem.
Do you get this while working on a huge mapfile?

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca