MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Re: Maplab installation hangup

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:59:29 -0500
Doug Nebert wrote:

> I have apache 1.3.24 running on Win2k, PHP 4.3.1, mapserver 3.6.3
> but I am having trouble getting any .phtml files recognized (they
> just display as text; does it need a handler assigned to them?)
> and the test in the documentation below indicates that Apache
> doesn't like the dl() function:
>
> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Not supported in multithreaded Web servers
> - use extension statements in your php.ini in
> h:\apache\htdocs\mapphp.php on line 5

You get this because you installed PHP as an IIS extension.  Your PHP
has to be installed as a CGI for it to work with PHP MapScript, I
believe you should be able to find all the information you need to
install PHP as a CGI in IIS at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/phpmapscript-install-howto.html#example

With PHP installed in CGI mode the dl() function should work just fine.

Daniel

P.S. For MapLab questions please use the maplab-users list where you'll
have more chances of getting answers: