MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Problems with displaying truetype font in ROSA

Fred Warnock warnock@dmsolutions.ca
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:37:43 -0500
I'm not sure about your problem, but I can help with you text scaling.

based on the mapfile reference for mapserver 3.6,
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/mapfile-reference.html

In the LABEL object there are two attributes, MINSIZE and MAXSIZE

set these to the min and max font sizes mapserver will use for the
labels, then set SYMBOLSCALE in the LAYER object to the scale at which
the labels are to be at full (max) size... (I don't know if SYMBOL scale
is mandatory or not.

I have experimented with this way of doing it, and had measured success.
If it is important to have your labels appear at certain sizes in
certain scale ranges, then I'd suggest having several duplicate classes
set up with different visibility ranges, and the desired label sizes.

--
Fred Warnock : Web, Graphic & Cartographic Design
              : DM Solutions Group Inc.