MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Problems with projection & legends

Arthur, John John.Arthur@T-Mobile.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:39:38 -0700
Nevermind on the legend issue.  User error =).  However I am still having
the issue with multi-line projections causing an error in gmapfactory.

-john

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur, John [mailto:John.Arthur@t-mobile.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 4:42 PM
To: maplab-users@dmsolutions.ca
Subject: [maplab-users] Problems with projection & legends

Good afternoon,

I am having 2 issues with maplab.  One has to do with projection and the
other with legend images.  In my map file I have defined the projection to
be as follows:

PROJECTION
    "proj=laea"
    "lon_0=100w"
    "lat_0=45n"
    "datum=NAD83"
END

This works just fine in the preview and in the MapBrowser.  But throws this
error (got it by cutting and pasting the img src in a browser window):
"Fatal error: MapServer Error in msProcessProjection(): projection not named
in /wwwroot/htdocs/maplab/projects/gmf_apps/tmobile/wrapper/map_session.amp
on line 745"
But, I don't receive this error if I use a one line type of projection i.e.
"init=epsg:26918" or "proj=latlong".  And this only applies to the overall
MAP projection... multi-lines work fine in the individual layer projections.
Also, the tutorial legend show just fine in gmapfactory, but with my map
file I get broken images with the src of
"http://localhost/maplab/projects/gmf_apps/tmobile/images/icon_prop_none.gif
".  Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?
My setup is as follows:
Red Hat Linux 7.3
Apache 2.0
PHP 4.3.2