MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapEdit preview problem - empty legend & blank map.

Paul Spencer spencer@dmsolutions.ca
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:23:49 -0500
All,

I thought that someone on the list had mentioned this problem, I can't
remember who and can't seem to find the email.  We have discovered it
also.  The problem is when you open the preview in MapEdit, your legend
has no layers in it and any navigation ends up with a blank map.
Interestingly, closing the preview and opening it again will display the
map once more (still no layers in the legend and navigating again turns
them off).

This problem is due to a small bug in MapScript when trying to
programmatically set the value of legend->template when there is no
value to begin with.

The work-around is to always place a value in the legend -> template
object.  The value is immaterial since it is overwritten with the
legend_template.html from the mapedit directory.  But the value must be
there to be overwritten.

This bug appears to be in all 3.6 versions of MapScript, not sure about
3.7 since mapedit won't really work with 3.7 anyway.

Cheers,

Paul
--
Paul Spencer