MapTools.org

[maplab-users] MapLab doesn't work!

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:05:59 +0100
Matt,

There have been (at least) 2 threads on the mapserver-users list recently that
could be of interest to you: one with the subject 'PHP version and Maplab'
and another one with the subject 'Help! Bug in PHP 4.3.x ???', which also
presents a workaround to the php_self problem. I've read somewhere this is
fixed in php-cvs and php 4.3.2-rc1, so if you don't care about ultimate
stability, you could upgrade to that. If you do a search on the
mapserver-users mailing list (you can search from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wilma/mapserver-users ) on 'php_self'
you might find a couple more references.

If you still get errors, please report them a bit more specific.
Btw, I suppose you *have* checked that mapserver and php_mapscript do work
properly, e.g. by running the mapserver demo or some other app you know to
work? If you have doubts about your installation of mapserer & co, you could
check the mapserver wiki page called mapserver 3.7-dev and redhat 8.0 (or
something similar, go to the wiki, the 'mapserver installation', and it's
supposed to be there somewhere). It gives the complete log of a succesfull
installation of mapserver and all its supporting programs on a modern linux
system (RH 8, but could just as well be Mandrake 9 or similar). It might give
you a hint about php compilation options etc.

Good luck!

Regards,
Vincent Schut.

PS if you appear to have mapserver-problems instead of maplab problems, please
post them to the mapserver-users list.