MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Maplab frustration!

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:02:49 -0800
I was at first very excited about using Maplab, however, after several
days and it *still* doesn't completely work, I'm about ready to give up
on it.  Has anyone out there used it successfully using:

RedHat8.0
Apache2.0
Mapserver 3.6.4
Php4.3.2rc1 (to fix the PHP_SELF problem)

Has anyone else successfully installed & run maplab with this
configuration?

I've followed all the installation instructions (to the T) but I get
error messages on so many aspects of Maplab, it's not realistic to post
them all, here are a few:

- Can get the initial preview of a Map but any actions on that preview
result in a blank map.
- Legend is empty in the preview.
- MapBrowser fails miserably with "Warning: mkdir(/data/3e822b2834ef6/)
[function.mkdir]: No such file or directory." Errors galore!
- GMapFactory can't create a new project with the following error:
Warning: main(/htdocs/gmapfactory/structure.php) [function.main]: failed
to open stream: No such file or directory in
/home/precip/www/maplab/htdocs/gmapfactory/appframeset.phtml on line 136

It seems I'm getting lots of path-related errors and no matter how I
setup the configuration files, they won't go away.

md

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University