MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Maplab frustration!

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:57:43 -0800
There's already a TEMPLATE object ('ttt') defined.  I should clarify,
it's not that the legend doesn't appear, it's totally empty except for
the "Layer" label and the "Redraw Map". This in spite of the fact that
the layers do appear in the map itself (at least initially).

md

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University
316 Strand Ag Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
(541)737-9153
mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu

TEMPLATE
> "x" should work. It doesn't matter what you specify as the template
> value and it doesn't need to be anything that exists. I realize this
is
> a work-around and not a fix. The need to do this will be eliminated in
> future releases of MapLab.
>
> I hope that clears up those problems for you. I'm sure you'll hear
back
> from someone regarding your other problems.
>
> Dean Gadoury
>
> Matt Doggett wrote:
>
> >I was at first very excited about using Maplab, however, after
several
> >days and it *still* doesn't completely work, I'm about ready to give
up
> >on it.  Has anyone out there used it successfully using:
> >
> >RedHat8.0
> >Apache2.0
> >Mapserver 3.6.4
> >Php4.3.2rc1 (to fix the PHP_SELF problem)
> >
> >Has anyone else successfully installed & run maplab with this
> >configuration?
> >
> >I've followed all the installation instructions (to the T) but I get
> >error messages on so many aspects of Maplab, it's not realistic to
post
> >them all, here are a few:
> >
> >- Can get the initial preview of a Map but any actions on that
preview
> >result in a blank map.
> >- Legend is empty in the preview.
> >- MapBrowser fails miserably with "Warning:
mkdir(/data/3e822b2834ef6/)
> >[function.mkdir]: No such file or directory." Errors galore!
> >- GMapFactory can't create a new project with the following error:
> >Warning: main(/htdocs/gmapfactory/structure.php) [function.main]:
failed