MapTools.org

[maplab-users] more path problems

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:57:42 -0800
Couple of example where the incorrect pathname is used to reference a
file...

Trying to create a new mapfile.
1. Open MapEdit and click on new mapfile button.
2. Window opens and I navigate to the location and enter a filename.
3. Error window opens declaring that

Can't create filename ('/home/precip///forages/www/us.map')

The filename that is supposed to be created should be called
'/home/precip/forages/www/us.map'.  Somehow there are two extra /
symbols placed in the name.  In the maplab.xml file the
file_browser_root is set to '/home/precip'.

Another example,
1. Start MapEdit and open existing mapfile called
'/home/precip/www/maplab/tutorial/mymap.map'
2. Select GMapFactory.
3. In the QuickLaunch window, the map file is incorrectly referenced as
'/home/precip///www/maplab/tutorial///mymap.map'

Again, notice the extra '/' symbols between the file_browser_root, the
path to the mapfile, and the mapfile itself.

This looks like a bug to me...or maybe it's just me? :)

matt

Matt Doggett
Spatial Climate Analysis Service
Oregon State University