MapTools.org

[maplab-users] (no subject)

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 09:53:27 +0200
--Boundary-00=_3JNs+n9REbdCM8C

Kurt,

I have a working double php (4.3.1) (apache apxs module, and cgi) with
mapserver (4.0 dev, but 3.6 should work also with some adjustments) on a
debian woody system. It didn't give me that much trouble :-) Just don't
install them the debie way and compile everything yourself. True, they won't
be in your package db, but so far that didn't give me any problems. I will
attach my configure scripts; you might reconsider giving up... The config
scripts are thus that you will get the apxs in the standard place, and the
php-cgi in /usr/local/phpcgi. Then you can recompile the cgi without having
to recompile the apxs, and you can recompile the apxs without getting into
problems if you want to recompile mapserver some time after that.
Before you follow my configure scripts however, check them against your
versions of the programs, as some of the options might be different between
versions, and anyway, you might want to have different options.

Regards,
Vincent.

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 15:06, Kurt.Gerber@cde.unibe.ch wrote:
> Sasha,
> Yes, I use Mapserver 3.6.5, but I found the problem... I have to recompile
> mapserver ... AND I have to replace the whole php installation, not only
> the cgi.
> Recompiling the whole php bunch is hell on a debian system... Repackaging
> is not working as it should.
> I think I give up.
> I will retry some day...  later this year.
> Thanks a lot for your immediate for your help!
>
> Kurt
>
> Sacha Fournier <sfournier@dmsolutions.ca> wrote on 30.04.2003 14:57:25:
> > Kurt,
> >
> > Are you using mapscript 3.6 for this version of PHP ?
> >
> > Sacha
> >
> > Kurt.Gerber@cde.unibe.ch wrote:
> > > Sasha,
> > > After a hard try, I was able to compile an install a php4 cgi of
>
> version
>
> > > 4.2.3.
> > > Now, when I navigate to <server>/maplab/htdocs with my browser I
>
> receive a
>
> > > white page with only 2 lines at the top:

> > > Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0,
> > > pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache Content-type: text/html
> > >
> > > What does that mean?
> > > There is no error message...
> > >
> > > Kurt
> >
> > --
> > Sacha Fournier
> > Applications Developer
> > DM Solutions Group
> > sfournier@dmsolutions.ca
> > tel: 418.696.5056
> > fax: 418.696.5056
> >
> > www.dmsolutions.ca
> > --

______________________________________
Vincent Schut (schut@sarvision.com)
Sarvision B.V.
Wageningen, The Netherlands
www.sarvision.com
--Boundary-00=_3JNs+n9REbdCM8C

./configure \
 --with-pgsql=/usr/local/postgresql \
 --with-mysql \
 --with-gd=/usr/local \
 --with-tiff \
 --with-jpeg \
 --with-png \
 --with-xpm \
 --with-zlib \
 --with-ttf \
 --with-ming=SHARED \
 --enable-gd-native-ttf \
 --with-freetype \
 --with-xml \
 --with-t1lib \
 --with-readline \
 --with-ftp \
 --with-mcrypt \
 --with-gettext \
 --with-mm \
 --enable-versioning \
 --enable-bcmath \
 --enable-trans-sid \
 --enable-inline-optimization \
 --enable-track-vars \
 --enable-magic-quotes \
 --enable-safe-mode \
 --enable-sockets \
 --enable-sysvsem \
 --enable-sysvshm \
 --enable-shmop \
 --enable-calendar \
 --enable-exif \
 --enable-ftp \
 --enable-memory-limit \
 --enable-filepro \
 --enable-dbase \
 --enable-ctype \
 --disable-debug \
 --enable-discard-path \
 --enable-sigchild \
 --enable-gd-imgstrttf \
 --with-openssl \
 --with-apxs

--Boundary-00=_3JNs+n9REbdCM8C

./configure \
 --with-gd=/usr/local \
 --without-pdf \
 --without-tiff \
 --without-jpeg \
 --without-eppl \
 --with-threads \
 --with-wms-client \
 --with-postgis=/usr/local/bin/pg_config \
 --with-proj \
 --with-ogr=/usr/local/src/gdal-cvs/gdal/ogr \
 --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
 --with-php=/usr/local/src/php-4.3.1 \
 --enable-force-freetype1 \
 --with-ming \
 --with-wfs \