MapTools.org

[maplab-users] file picker app starting in wrong directory

Matt Doggett mdoggett@coas.oregonstate.edu
Wed, 14 May 2003 12:10:19 -0700
I'll be the first to admit that "no change" is a false statement. In
fact I was making lots of changes to a GMapFactory app that was created
using MapLab but I put in a completely different location so I could
tweak it. When I say I didn't change anything, I mean, I didn't change
any part of the MapLab installation/configuration itself, including
permissions. Also, as far as I know, I didn't change any configuration
of another app that MapLab relies on (like php.ini), that is not until I
started having problems.  I'll keep looking though. The kicker that gets
me is that I completely uninstalled Maplab (deleted the whole thing),
extracted the tarball, and went through the *exact* steps I used a
couple weeks ago to configure it then--which of course worked.
 Obviously something on the system side (not MapLab) changed. What
exactly changed, I can't tell you. Nothing major, as far as I'm
concerned. What concerns me though is that there obviously is a critical
dependency to some trivial component or setting outside of MapLab that
MapLab requires but isn't smart enough to handle gracefully (e.g. with
an error message or something).

Matt

BTW, my web server (Apache, PHP/Mapscript, MapLab, etc) is on Linux not
Windows. I just do most of my browsing from my desktop Windows
workstation.

file_browser_root
> > and app_path in the configuration file.  No effect.
> >
> > md

It