MapTools.org

[maplab-users] php-mapscript_36.dll - where to get it?

Mick Wilson mickwilson20@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 21 May 2003 16:24:10 +0100 (BST)
Okay. Got it from

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/mapserver-3.6.6-dev-win32-php4.3.1-libwww.zip

though I have to say it ain't obvious that the whole
mapserver download is needed just for the dll - the
readme's could be more helpful here, and at 10 Mb over
a dialup it's a bit daunting to experiment with such
downloads to then learn "whoops! not that one!"

Having installed the 3.6 dll I then got an error about
xerces-c_1_6_0.dll not being installed and had to
download that from

http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/archives/Xerces-C_1_6_0/

though I have no clear idea why, or why it wasn't in
the distro, oe why I wasn't told that I'd need it. Oh
well. Now that I've spent an hour on *that* 8Mb
download I now get a kit with no installation ap or
guidance. Ahhh, I find the xerces dll and, assuming
much move the right bits, move it to <windows>/system

yay.

What did I miss in the install doco?