MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Symbol style problems in MapEdit

Rene Teniere TENIERER@gov.ns.ca
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:07:48 -0400
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before. When I create
a symbol in MapEdit using the standard MapServer format:

SYMBOL
  NAME "dash"
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
  STYLE 10 5 5 10 END
END

It does not like this when I go to preview it. MapEdit only has a
problem with the STYLE aspect, because when I remove it from the input
box, it will work. Also, if I edit the map file manually and add it in,
it will work, however, in MapEdit I cannot see any of the layer objects,
all I can see are the symbol objects I created under the main map
object.

Hope someone can help.

Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
GIS Technician