MapTools.org

[Fwd: Re: [maplab-users] Empty map in Mapbrowser but not in mapedit preview]

Jason P. Pickering jasonp@heimdallr.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:47:17 +0630 (MMT)
I had exactly the same problem I think. When I recompiled PHP 4.3.4, I
didn't get the configure directive exactly as it should be. GD wasn't
compiled into my PHP CGI-file and that is what caused this. Be sure that
if you run this script

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

that GD is enab led:
You should get something like this...

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.15 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

Hope this helps. If this doesn't solve the problem, enable verbose
logging, and check the output of your /var/log/httpd/error.log  to see
what is going on. Also, be sure that the PNG files are showing up in your
tmp directory.

Regards,
Jason Pickering

P.S. As to why this happens, I don't know yet! Perpahs some of the
developers could comment...:-)