MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Tileindex and Images

Bob Carr racarr@ameritech.net
Wed, 9 Jul 103 08:52:33 -0500 (CDT)
I'm having partial success using a tile index and scale-dependent
layers of tiff images.  Using the same techniques to create the
images and index shapefiles, storing the index shapefiles in the 'data'
directory corresponding to SHAPEPATH, and storing the image files in
separate subdirectories (all at the same level) below the 'data'
directory, I'm able to display only the first four zoom levels. At
zoom-level five, the images don't appear.  The corresponding index
shapefile *does* appear at that level.  I'm stuck.

Some background information:

Windows 2000

MapServer version 3.6.6-dev OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

MapLab 2.0.1

Apache Error Message:

[Wed Jul 09 05:45:59 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Wed Jul 09
05:45:59 2003 - msSearchDiskTree(): Unable to access file.

** I get the msSearchDisktree error even though I've ran shptree
against the index file **

Excerpt from Map file:

LAYER
    NAME "NLCD_LO"
    GROUP "Land_Cover"
    STATUS OFF
    DATA "./nlcd_lo1.tif"
    TYPE RASTER
    MINSCALE 17760710
    MAXSCALE 18760710
    OFFSITE 0
    TEMPLATE "ttt.html"
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "NLCD_LO2"
    GROUP "Land_Cover"
    STATUS OFF
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX "./nlcd_lo2.shp"
    TILEITEM "LOCATION"
    MINSCALE 8880353
    MAXSCALE 17760710
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "NLCD_LO3"
    GROUP "Land_Cover"
    STATUS OFF
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX "./nlcd_lo3.shp"
    TILEITEM "LOCATION"
    MINSCALE 4440177
    MAXSCALE 8880353
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "NLCD_LO4"
    GROUP "Land_Cover"
    STATUS OFF
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX "./nlcd_lo4.shp"
    TILEITEM "LOCATION"
    MINSCALE 2220088
    MAXSCALE 4440177
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "NLCD_LO5"
    GROUP "Land_Cover"
    STATUS OFF
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX "./nlcd_lo5.shp"
    TILEITEM "LOCATION"
    MINSCALE 1110044
    MAXSCALE 2220088
  END

I'm creating the index file using gdaltindex, with the complete
pathname to the image files:

'gdaltindex -tileindex location nlcd_lo5.shp
c:/maplab-2.0-release/projects/gmf_apps/region_9/data/images/nlcd_lo5/*.tif'

--
bob carr
port washington, wisconsin