MapTools.org

[maplab-users] Query map with PostGIS layer

Mike Leahy mgleahy@fes.uwaterloo.ca
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:01:46 -0400
All,

I have narrowed these problems down at least to the php_mapscript_40.dll.  I
have the same problem with this DLL using an older version of
PostGIS/PostgreSQL (compiled by someone else) - the only difference is I
get "NOTICE" instead of "WARNING" messages with the query attributes table.

It all works fine when I go back to the php_mapscript_36.dll with the old
PostGIS.  Of course, if I use the php_mapscript_36.dll, I can't use the up-to-
date public releases of PostgreSQL/PostGIS because I get the "Assertion
Failed" problem when the query is performed.

I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done in this case, except maybe
wait for another update to the MapScript - I don't suppose this problem has
been identified/fixed in the Mapserver 4.1-dev package currently posted on the
downloads site?

Kind regards,
Mike